• SEPTA NPT card will be "SEPTA Key"?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

• 743 posts
  by rcthompson04

MACTRAXX wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:18 am

Why would anyone purchase an I Pass on the Key with the 10 ride limit when the
Legacy I Passes offer unlimited rides and are good for use until the end of 2022?

MACTRAXX
In my case the Independence Pass on the Key card is far more convenient, fits in wallet and I can buy at any time on the App. I rarely use more than two train rides in a day too. If I was trying to hit as many trains as possible in a day I would use the traditional Independence Pass.
  by Head-end View

Mactraxx, are legacy Independence Passes still sold at all ticket windows including outlying stations like Langhorne?
  by MACTRAXX

H-E View: Yes-SEPTA Regional Rail ticket offices outside of the five CCP stations should
have Legacy I Passes in stock and for sale. They cost $13 each for an individual.

This Regional Rail system map includes information by station - for example:
Langhorne Station; 137 Comly Avenue, Langhorne, PA 19047
Ticket Office Hours: 5:15 AM to 12:30 PM Monday through Friday.
Phone (215)580-6941; Fare Zone 4-West Trenton Line
http://www.septa.org/maps/system/index.html

I would suggest calling the agent or clerk on duty before you visit to make certain
that they have Legacy I Passes available.
With the valid period on current Legacy I passes until the end of 2022 it can pay
to purchase some extra I passes to keep for future use...MACTRAXX
  by MichaelBug

I live in Collegeville & can confirm MACTRAXX's comments about Norristown TC being the closest location to Collegeville to purchase Key Cards & legacy Independence Passes. North Wales (my home station, on the Lansdale-Doylestown Line) also has a staffed ticket office, & would be about the same driving time, or even possibly a few minutes less, from Collegeville as Norristown (depending on where you are staying in Collegeville).

Also, if you need to purchase your fare on a weekend and are willing to travel a little further, the Lansdale station ticket office is also open on Saturdays until 2:00pm.

If you will not have a car while in Collegeville, SEPTA's Route 93 bus connects the borough with Norristown TC.
  by JeffK

One heads up if you have a car: Main Street near Norristown can be problematic depending on the time of day. There's ongoing construction a few blocks west of the station that can cause backups heading eastbound. Also parking tends to be limited at the station itself but you can probably find something on a nearby side street.
  by rcthompson04

I was on a Silverliner V today and the automated announcements now say that you must tap out or swipe out or present your fare to exit at 30th Street.
  by rcthompson04

The Key Card website is now showing more detailed information on where you tap in and out. Some of this was available before now it is a lot more detailed and consistent. The tap out data at Suburban is not populating yet though.
  by CNJGeep

Travel wallet on Railroad starts July 13