Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by DutchRailnut

would you like the color of their underware ??
  by Train2009

The Inspection Cars left Harmon this afternoon by GP35 #103
  by Train2009

At 2:24 PM in Tarrytown the Inspection Train equipment move came by pulling by GP35 #103 as the cars are headed over to the other side of the river for this upcoming Friday's Run on the WOH Inspection train.
  by MNCRR9000

Out of curiousity what route does the metro north inspection train take to get over to the WOH Lines??
  by DutchRailnut

Croton-harmon to MO Jct, to New Rochelle, then via Amtrak to NJ, where NJT will bring it in MMC.
  by northjerseybuff

will this be the last year of the phoebe snow car as a MN car??
  by DutchRailnut

absolutely not, With MTA broke the New Inspection train may never happen.
  by Wayside Observer

I saw Amtrak AEM-7 #945 pulling the inspection cars out of New Rochelle yard last night at around 11:00 PM.
  by cruiser939

DutchRailnut wrote:Croton-harmon to MO Jct, to New Rochelle, then via Amtrak to NJ, where NJT will bring it in MMC.
It came through Secaucus last night some time around 11:30pm or so on track B with an AEM-7 pulling.
  by railmason357

Usually leaves between 8A -830.

If it goes like it has in the past:

Goes out with three engines to Woodbine, one cuts off and goes to the east end and then goes back to Pascack Jct, single engine cuts off and then it goes up the tier to Pt Jervis. Run around and then back to Hoboken.
  by Train2009

Train2009 wrote:What time will the Inspection train running?
When it will be coming by Suffern on Friday?
  by northjerseybuff

Dutch...Never is an awfully long time? But if they still run..why not keep them right?
  by DutchRailnut

read word before never, and think.

tomorrows power will be 4906-4908 plus a NJT unit on rear for reverse move.
  by SecaucusJunction

Is anyone going to be riding on the inspection train today like we had in previous years? If so, drop me a note... I'd love to hear anything that they talked about.
  by Train2009

I saw the WOH Inspection train late this morning in Suffern as it came by at 11:55 AM and it was my very first time seeing the Inspection train on the other side of the river. :-D :-D :-D

Video from late this morning in Suffern:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiKhDhqpNpw