• Aerial photos of Waterville Yard

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by markhb

Excellent photos as always!

Does anyone know, how do the perpendicular tracks work? I couldn't observe any way for equipment to get onto them, even the ones in the building that appear to have once connected to those 4 short pieces.
  by Trinnau

Those perpendicular rails are the rails for the transfer table. You can see the table in this shot.
Last edited by Trinnau on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by BM6569

That's the transfer table that connects to those tracks
  by markhb

OK, I had heard mention of the transfer table, but wasn't clear on what it was. Now I get it... thanks!
  by BowdoinStation

I would say the plans for the 51 and 62 are on 'serious hold', but you never know. I thought the 500 and 513 were already removed off the property and placed on flat cars bound to Kentucky for rebuilding ? Could any of those 'stashed and stripped' 300's make a comeback as slug units ?