• Athol Activity

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by KSmitty

newpylong wrote:So 13 days just to get to Waterville? Or are you speaking about the second load which was just reported yesterday?
Couldnt tell you, just know it was a loaded ttx timber bulkehead. I didnt get a car number to check.
  by fogg1703

KSmitty wrote:Any clue on destination, or milling company?
Is it a saw log load or a load of pulp logs? Same outfit that loaded a couple of test saw log loads on PW a while back maybe?
  by fogg1703

atholrail wrote:TTJX 81760 is the one sitting in Athol now.
Any current whereabouts of said car?
  by BM6569

Was into Ayer on 7/10. Whereabouts unknown after that
  by jaymac

On the morning of 07-30-2014, tie-pile removal was continuing. Two loaded gons were picked up and 2 MTs were setoff by EDPO.
Also, the Exit 18 ramp from Rte. 2 to 2A E and W was shut down as sewer-line burial continued.
  by jaymac

Dunno if it's the same one or a new one, but ditto ~0730/09-01-2014.
  by BostonUrbEx

Where are logs being loaded in Athol and where are they coming from? I wasn't aware of any logging operations in MA.
  by newpylong

Time to get out of Boston more :)

There are plenty of logging operations in MA, they are just smaller. This one was loading behind the tower in Deerfield now instead of Athol. The cars go to Maine. I forgot the name of the outfit (it;s in another thread). They havent loaded any ina while.
  by doublestack

newpylong wrote:Time to get out of Boston more :)

There are plenty of logging operations in MA, they are just smaller. This one was loading behind the tower in Deerfield now instead of Athol. The cars go to Maine. I forgot the name of the outfit (it;s in another thread). They havent loaded any ina while.
Hancock Lumber..... http://www.hancocklumber.com/locations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by newpylong

That's the one.