• Athol Activity

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by KSmitty

newpylong wrote:So 13 days just to get to Waterville? Or are you speaking about the second load which was just reported yesterday?
Couldnt tell you, just know it was a loaded ttx timber bulkehead. I didnt get a car number to check.
  by fogg1703

KSmitty wrote:Any clue on destination, or milling company?
Is it a saw log load or a load of pulp logs? Same outfit that loaded a couple of test saw log loads on PW a while back maybe?
  by fogg1703

atholrail wrote:TTJX 81760 is the one sitting in Athol now.
Any current whereabouts of said car?
  by BM6569

Was into Ayer on 7/10. Whereabouts unknown after that
  by atholrail

Yesterday http://www.akrailroad.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; was working Athol and had 2 NS gondolas that they were using to load lots of scrap rail...
  by jaymac

On the morning of 07-30-2014, tie-pile removal was continuing. Two loaded gons were picked up and 2 MTs were setoff by EDPO.
Also, the Exit 18 ramp from Rte. 2 to 2A E and W was shut down as sewer-line burial continued.
  by jaymac

Dunno if it's the same one or a new one, but ditto ~0730/09-01-2014.
  by atholrail

Massive brush fire on the hill slightly east of the Chestnut Hill bridge. 50 or more acres burning. Fire started on the north side of the Millers River, but has since jumped the river.
  by BostonUrbEx

Where are logs being loaded in Athol and where are they coming from? I wasn't aware of any logging operations in MA.
  by newpylong

Time to get out of Boston more :)

There are plenty of logging operations in MA, they are just smaller. This one was loading behind the tower in Deerfield now instead of Athol. The cars go to Maine. I forgot the name of the outfit (it;s in another thread). They havent loaded any ina while.
  by doublestack

newpylong wrote:Time to get out of Boston more :)

There are plenty of logging operations in MA, they are just smaller. This one was loading behind the tower in Deerfield now instead of Athol. The cars go to Maine. I forgot the name of the outfit (it;s in another thread). They havent loaded any ina while.
Hancock Lumber..... http://www.hancocklumber.com/locations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by newpylong

That's the one.