• IS there a #1??

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by badneighbor

the one in the Bronx is close to its cousins ... many MP-15ACs running on Long Island, for the LIRR and the New York & Atlantic Railway.

by Silverliner II

ACLfan wrote:Yes, CSX does have a locomotive that is carrying the # "1".

CSX # 1 is a 4,380 hp General Electric AC4400CW locomotive, and has been officially named the "Spirit of West Virginia", with the script lettering on each side of its cab.
About two years ago, I got to run #1 as the lead unit on one of my trains, along with #11 as the trailing unit.

I played 111 on the lottery for the next week or so. Never hit it... :-D
ACLfan wrote:This numbering series of CSX's AC4400CW locomotives runs from #1 to #599.
Not to mention #5101-#5122.

by the missing link

saw #1 go through iona island on the river line today around 4.45 pm,heading north(west)with empty hoppers from the power plant.13 trains today,before we left,cold but sunny.all in all,a great day at iona

by NYSW13000

CSX 1 is now on its way to Conkins Curve, NY tonight. So keep an eye out.

by CSX Conductor

Last report in the system was arriving Selkirk at 230 this morning.

by NYSW13000

CSX 1 is now on its way to Columbus, Oh.

by Engineer James

Dang... just 80 mi south.... too bad.

by CSX Conductor

The computer showed it heading back towards Selkirk & Thompson Cove early this morning. :wink:

by NYSW13000

CSX Conductor wrote:The computer showed it heading back towards Selkirk & Thompson Cove early this morning. :wink:
Thats what I got also.