• AEM-7 status

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

what are we looking at for numbers left on these meatballs, I've only seen 2 in these last few weeks
  by ThirdRail7

You still have a dozen floating around, but not all of them are in revenue service.
  by 8th Notch

As of today the 939 is the only spare meatball in South Hampton St yd, the only others I've noticed up this way over the past few weeks seem to be the usual 946 and 923 which seemed to be on 67/66 a few times last week. Woulndnt suprize me if a lot of the meatballs disappeared after the Thanksgiving extras.
  by amtrakhogger

The 934 was on 19 yesterday.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

roger that, thank you...I got a few good pictures of meatballs with the fall colors...guess it tis the last Autumn they will see
  by chuchubob

942 was on Keystone Service train 662 on Saturday.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

saw 939 and 941 (IIRC) on road trains out of Boston today....and in the SHSY, the switcher was towing around the 908 alone with 2 ACS's
  by asull85

923 pulled the hospital train from New Haven to New York last night.
  by Train2009

jackintosh11 wrote:
asull85 wrote:923 pulled the hospital train from New Haven to New York last night.
Hospital train?
Equipment move.
  by DutchRailnut

Technically a hospital train is equipment moved under FRA waiver, either damaged but on its own wheels or otherwise not passing inspection.
Those moves are usually made with huge speed restrictions with mechanics in attendance for calamities.
  by chuchubob

AEM7 942 was on Keystone Service train 648 Wednesday.
  by chuchubob

919, 942, and 940 were at Race Street Sunday while 939 pulled train 140.
  by ryanov

Just saw 923 pulling what was probably train 130 that was stopped at MetroPark. It had Horizon coach 54503 on the rear. Weird.
  by Matt Johnson

I noticed a few presumably retired AEM-7s as we passed by the Wilmington shops aboard train 95 a few minutes ago. Also coupled to one of the AEM-7s was P40 #828, still sporting its Phase IV colors underneath the rust.