• LV boxcar 99374

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

by oaksmodelrr

I have a shot from 1988 of a box car that only has "LV 99374" crudely spray painted on the side. Is this an original LV # or was it renumbered after 1976?

by scottychaos

Its clearly the genuine article..
where was that pic taken?
is the car still around?

Scot

by lvrr325

What's interesting is two different sets of Lehigh Valley lettering are apparent, one above the other.

It reminds me of the cars in Manchester NY, but clearly is not there as there wasn't much more in Manchester in 1988 than there is today.

by oaksmodelrr

scottychaos wrote:Its clearly the genuine article..
is the car still around?

Scot
It was sitting down near Frankford Jct in Philadelphia along with several other cast offs including a PC H30, all gone now. The yard, which is used to store tank cars for the chemical company at Bridge Street, is visible from I-95 near the Betsy Ross Bridge.

by wis bang

oaksmodelrr wrote:
scottychaos wrote:Its clearly the genuine article..
is the car still around?

Scot
It was sitting down near Frankford Jct in Philadelphia along with several other cast offs including a PC H30, all gone now. The yard, which is used to store tank cars for the chemical company at Bridge Street, is visible from I-95 near the Betsy Ross Bridge.
Rohm & Haas Corp. They have intra plant ribeted tank cars that date back to the teens and 20's...