• Cape Flyer

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTAVideoClips

Almost time for the 2024 flyer! Have they decided what's going on it yet? 1136 is a possible option again as it should be in readville (readville switcher power)
  by Commuterrail1050

Do not count on it being a gp40 and f40 combo as 2 hsps were used the majority of the flyer last year. Will find out when it’s time to run it.
  by MBTAVideoClips

2000 and 1136 was the set for last year, though 1136 died once or twice and was swapped out for an hsp.
  by Commuterrail1050

How about having 2 GP40’s the whole year. That would be nice! Especially if it were to be 1117 and 1138. I don’t think that will ever happen.
  by MBTAVideoClips

1138 has a solid chance as it's already south. Who knows what will happen. 1117 is too, but i'm not sure how long it will take to complete testing.
  by Commuterrail1050

For sure, 1136 will lead the cape flyer northbound. Southbound, hopefully not another hsp again. Hopefully it’s 1117 as 1138 is still on the 1829 set. Will see when I see it tommorow.
  by MBTAVideoClips

Was told it was 2008/1136. Very unfortunate. Would have liked to see 1125 or 1137 sub in for 1136 this year, and another geep or maybe f40 on the other end but I guess not. MBTA seems to be standardizing the flyer consist which is very sad as it was the last train that still had the variety in consists (remember a few years ago we would get a random arrangement of bilevels and single levels on CR trains?)
  by CSRR573

Can confirm 2008/1136. Saw it getting towed by SHSY tonight at work. The single levels look all refurbished
  by Commuterrail1050

So sick of the hsps going on the flyer. I thought it had to be an F40 because the hsps have too much power for 1136 to handle. I guess not now. Btw, the rebuilt cars are one south coast rail car for passenger capacity along with the 2 900’s k cars and the bombardier blind rebuilds are 2 for cafe and one bike car.
  by OldColonyRailfan

1. the refurbished cars and Pullmans, not Bombers.
2. the HSPs do not have "too" much power. There is no limit to how much power they can handle. The GP40 I think is there for HEP when there is an HSP
  by MBTAVideoClips

One of the "cafe" cars is actually a first class car. NETransit must've forgotten that! Speaking of, first class is now a paid benifit, with free drinks, first class seats, etc. $20 round trip upcharge than the normal fare. $10 round trip in standard class is also available in the month of June.
  by MBTAVideoClips

Hey everyone. 2008 is now on the 1829 set, which 1138 was formerly on. This could mean we could have a geep duo this year!
  by MBTAVideoClips

Confirmed 1138/1136
  by GP40MC1118

Passenger count for Friday's first train was 182 total when they crossed into Mass Coastal territory at Bay (Middleboro). From the scanner chatter, 2 people off at Wareham, 9 off / 4 on at Buzzards Bay and 67 off at Bourne.
  by wicked

I’m impressed by how much the Bourne stop gets used. Good call in opening it.