• Cape Flyer

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by GP40MC1118

Bourne was a good decision. Saves people going to the east side/Falmouth time by not having to cross the bridge
  by MBTAVideoClips

Flyer last weekend was 1056/1136. Dunno where 1138 ran off to
  by CSRR573

When the CR is bustituted between South Station and Braintree for the Dot ave bridge replacement. Does the flyer go to South Station or is it truncated at Braintree like the regular service is or does it not run at all? I dont think i heard it going through Holbrook this weekend.
  by MBTAVideoClips

I think they let the flyer through the work zone but idk
  by wicked

The Flyer has gone through the work zone in the past.
  by Commuterrail1050

The cape flyer goes through all the way to south station through the work zone. It doesn’t terminate or cancelled altogether.
  by Falmouth Secondary to Otis

Any news as to why the Cape Flyer was 1 1/2 hrs. late yesterday morning? I was at the West Barnstable RR Station, and it didn't go by until 11:15 am as usually it is around 9:45 am. As a result, Cape Cod Central RR excursion trains were held up until the Cape Flyer arrived.
  by OldColony

I was watching the Mass Maritime webcam that faces the canal railroad bridge yesterday morning and noticed a long delay before the bridge was dropped for the train. The bridge was lowered immediately after a tug pushing barge entered the canal from Buzzards Bay and had cleared the bridge. This was an hour+ after the scheduled CapeFLYER crossing. Don't know if this was the reason the train was so late, or the train was already late arriving in Buzzards Bay.
  by wicked

Cape Flyer folks said on Facebook that there were multiple delays Saturday, including with the bridge being lowered. I assume that had to do with the aforementioned barge.
  by CRail

It was explained to me that because the train was late out of Boston it missed its window and so was further delayed by the bridge.