• Coal train in Rochester...

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Ironhorse27

This afternoon, I believe I saw a CSX coal train headed eastbound. The part of the train I saw was all CSX hoppers. Anyone have any idea where this train was going? I thought there was no coal traffic running on this particular line.
  by RMB357

I also saw an eastbound coal train on CSX going through Dunkirk a few days ago. I couldn't even guess but maybe going to another state?
  by DGC-24711

RMB357 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:26 am I also saw an eastbound coal train on CSX going through Dunkirk a few days ago. I couldn't even guess but maybe going to another state?
Yesterday, Sunday July 4, around 7:30 am I heard distant whistle, like the CSX on the Lockport branch onto the Somerset line. Later in the day, I was in Somerset and the chimney was silent. I don't know how long it takes to turn over deliveries (if it had gone to the plant), or if it had just been working local industry in Lower Town..
  by blackbearford

Saw coal eastbound passing over Scio St. just before sunrise Friday (or was it Thursday?). A buddy also mentioned he had seen coal quite recently here. It’s sure been a while for me.
  by SST

While driving under CSX [I-90] on Thursday the 26th, a CSX coal train was stopped on the bridge. CSX hoppers, not SR. Locomotives were not in site so I couldn't tell which direction they was going.