• NX Draw - Newark, NJ

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by kilroy

Everything was back to normal when I looked out the window at 1:45 PM.
  by Freddie

It sure would be nice to see some photos. I live in California now, but in my several years living in NJ not once did I get to see any of the Passaic River bridges open (except NX, of course).
  by OportRailfan

kilroy wrote:Everything was back to normal when I looked out the window at 1:45 PM.
It opened up around 12:25, and was locked back up by 12:40
  by gravelyfan

Dock opened around 3am Tuesday 2/7/2012 for a convoy (flotilla?) of three barges and four tugs. They were involved in unloading some massive apparatus (guessing electrical but not really sure) onto J. Supor & Sons trucks on the vacant lot adjacent to the FBI building in Newark.

Sounds like they are supposed to come back down the river (and through Dock) in daylight today.

As of 10 am unloading is complete and everything is anchored out in the channel.
  by gravelyfan

snavely wrote:It's the tug Fox Boys according to this:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
Thanks, Dock track 1 going up 2:50 pm.

Four tugs and 3 barges
Fox Boys
Crow (has a Fairbanks Morse diesel)
Paul Andrew
Sarah Ann
  by Ken W2KB

gravelyfan wrote:Dock opened around 3am Tuesday 2/7/2012 for a convoy (flotilla?) of three barges and four tugs. They were involved in unloading some massive apparatus (guessing electrical but not really sure) l.
Correct. Transformers to be trucked to location for the expansion of the PSE&G Roseland Switching Station.
  by R36 Combine Coach

Ken W2KB wrote:Transformers to be trucked to location for the expansion of the PSE&G Roseland Switching Station.
Which was a Morristown & Erie customer at some time.
  by R36 Combine Coach

View of all three Dock spans raised this week, apparently taken from the NJT building.
  by pdtrains

So what does any of this have to do with NX draw..The Erie Newark Br drawbridge that has been OOS on the open position for the last 25+ years?
Did Amtk rename "Dock" to "NX" ?

Just wondering
  by OportRailfan

pdtrains wrote:So what does any of this have to do with NX draw..The Erie Newark Br drawbridge that has been OOS on the open position for the last 25+ years?
Did Amtk rename "Dock" to "NX" ?

Just wondering
It's one of the last functional rail bridges still in service...

Dock Bridge is just east of Newark Penn station and rarely opens up.