• CMSL Cape May New Jersey Seashore Lines Passenger Operations

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

What really surprised me was the track conditions. The crossings and rail are in great shape (especially the rail) and to some extent so is the ballast. Wouldn’t take much to get that particular stretch open at all. Obviously the tracks from Cape May Court House to Tuckahoe need fixing first, and as I hear it that’s where the problems are. Especially the vandalized part in Dennis.
  by Railcar1

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:48 pm Image
Sure does look nice! Kinda neat to see an old engine return to its home rails.
That’s a great shot. Glad to see one of the RDC’s behind it (and that Mother Nature cooperated).
  by Bracdude181

Speaking of Mother Nature…

Tomorrow’s Tuckahoe Transportation Festival is canceled due to the bad weather this weekend. They wanna reschedule for early November if possible.
  by Railcar1

Does anyone know when they will be running the passenger specials again? I couldn’t find anything on their web page. With Mother’s Day coming up in a few weeks I would guess they’ll be doing something before the summer season starts?
  by Bracdude181

They did a mother's day train last year so hopefully either that or the pizza train comes back soon. Seems like every year is different on exactly what events they have and when

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

Apparently pictures are circulating on Facebook of ties being put in the Cape May Branch in Woodbine...

CMSL looking to get trains going to points south of there?

by Bracdude181

Perhaps, though I can't help but wonder just how far they plan on going with this. Especially since the vandalized track is only about a mile and a quarter long and not too far from where the in service portion of the branch ends.

Perhaps this is something to keep an eye on.