• What's this? "New England Railroad"

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by CBX1000

Well, I assure you that I'm not Donald Adams, but then again -- don't guess you have any way of knowing one way or the other. One member here responded to my offer (bwparker1) and I replied.

Not trying to be hard to get along with, but I do not plan to respond in this public forum, as a couple of you have suggested.

I have nothing to gain from this deal - my situation is exactly as I described. I stumbled upon this forum, and to my amazement as I read the posts here, know the individual that was being discussed. That's all there is to it. Reading the posts here answered a few questions about Donald for me, but raised many more new questions about him.

by Cowford

Man, you guys are too skeptical! I signed right up and purchased the New England/Canadian ship/rail tour for $11,054.40; I charged half of it on my MisterCard and the other half on my American Espresso. I also bought two HO SD-24s and applied for the position of Trainmaster at Gorham! Just hope these hallucinogens wear off so I pass the drug test.

by bwparker1

Cowford,

Let me know when your Montreal train, errr, DMU, arrives in Portland, I'll meet you down at India Street station!!

BWP

by jscola30

and then you guys could transfer for to the MNGRR! :wink:

ps, anyone notice Don Adams is also the name of the actor who portrayed Inspector Gadget and also starred on Get Smart?

by Otto Vondrak

All right, if CBX is going to be difficult, why don't you tell us what he told you bwparker?

by bwparker1

Otto Vondrak wrote:All right, if CBX is going to be difficult, why don't you tell us what he told you bwparker?
Jeez, just send the guy a PM if you are so interested. Having read his reply, I would support him in not wanting to make it a public post.

- BWP

by MEC407

Fair enough, but if he didn't want to make it public, why did he invite the entire world to e-mail him? That has basically the same end result doesn't it?

by NHN503

I spoke with him via PM.

The story is that it is the website of a fantasy, and a disclaimer should be placed on the site stating such....

by MEC407

We all knew it was a fantasy... that much was obvious. :wink: MaineDOT debunked this mythical railroad over a year ago when I e-mailed them (and I posted that e-mail here on railroad.net).

by 3rdrail

I think that it would have been a hoot if forty or fifty Maine-ards, after a day of fantasizing about their future railroad careers in the local saloon, showed up after filling in the job application form to report for duty. :P

by shadyjay

At one time not too long ago, one of the pages of the shadyjay.com empire was devoted to a fictional railroad called CV RAIL. This site was no where near as graphic-intensive as the NERR site, and I had disclaimers everywhere saying "this railroad does not exist". "Do not show up at a Grand Central ticket window asking for a ticket for the 1:30 Yankee Clipper Express to Boston" (although that would be a nice thing in reality to happen). If the regular person, knowing nothing about railroads, went to the NERR site, then they would think that this is legit.

We all have fantasies and there is no problem with letting the world know about them - just put somewhere that this is only a dream and not reality.

by NHN503

MEC407 wrote:We all knew it was a fantasy... that much was obvious. :wink: MaineDOT debunked this mythical railroad over a year ago when I e-mailed them (and I posted that e-mail here on railroad.net).
Well I had to spell it out for Otto...we all know HE missed that! :P