• Claremont Concord Railroad (CCRR)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Mattydred

Claremont, Concord and Clare...

Whatever. It changed so often I couldn't keep up over the years.

All I gotta say is that 44-tonner sure was pretty.
What's with the vanishing GE's in McGinnis makeup? Makes me frown.
  by park

44T # 119 remains on the property currently sitting outisde of the shop. The unit looks very nice in the black CC paint. There is a second 44T inside being rebuilt (#?), I was told that both are sold and heading to a shortline in Georgia sometime in the early summer.

park
  by PVRX1

106 is said to be privately owned by mobile locomotive mechanic Chris Freed, based out of Topton, Pa.
  by oibu

Well, whoever owns 106, it's getting what appears to be a fresh coat of PINSLY RED!
  by railroadcarmover

One of the Alco's from this location will be shipped to a new switching operation near Philly to be used as the motive power.
  by atsf sp

I recently saw a picture of CC 119 at the Savannah Roundhouse Museum http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=1786675.
When was it shipped down there? Is it off the roster? What are the museums plans for it?
  by RonM

I believe they shipped earlier this year. It had been sold for awhile (along with #30). I am not sure of the musuems plans. Looks like it is in good hands (southern hospitality)

Pioneer Valley 106 , now privately owned and repainted, ( as # 27) should be off the property too.

In the Valley RR thread it mentions 2 more pieces leaving Claremont Jnc as well but no one has posted what (yet)
  by csrrfan86

Im curious to know what customers does the Claremont Concord railroad serve??
  by bk77

Lavalley Building Supply also gets cars in Claremont, who I think own's or at one time owned the railroad.
  by b&m 1566

Don't they also operate a small section of the Northern Line in Lebanon, NH?
  by wog820

b&m 1566 wrote:Don't they also operate a small section of the Northern Line in Lebanon, NH?
Yes they do, they bring cars over the river to where the engine house kinda still stands ,some covered hoppers , and i think they go up to some gravel pit on occasion in West Lebanon