• Video of GRS-NS passenger extra 8/28/02

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

Nice footage!

by Noel Weaver

It is always some special to get pictures/movies etc of a train like this one
on a freight railroad.
Thank you very much for posting it for all of us to see.
Noel Weaver

by Jonny Bolt

Awesome vid. Thanks for posting.

by johnpbarlow

Terrific video! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the obs car eavesdropping on commentary from NS officials checking out the property.
  by ferroequinarchaeologist

My eyeballs may not be as good as they once were, but I think at least one of those cars was lettered Norfolk & Western.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be ...

PBM

by sery2831

Thanks for all the compliments! I just went through the original video and all the cars are lettered Norfolk Southern.

by uhaul

I did not realize that Pan Am had any track in that good condition.
I must have offended somebody with that comment. (Sorry)

by MEC407

uhaul wrote:I did not realize that Pan Am had any track in that good condition.
I must have offended somebody with that comment. (Sorry)
The beginning of the movie was MBTA track... that's why they were able to go faster than 10 MPH. :wink:

by uhaul

Now I understand, but what speed do Pan Am trains usually go?

by newpylong

25 or 10

by MEC407

One notable exception would be the stretch of mainline from Plaistow NH to South Portland ME... freights can go 40 on that stretch, thanks to Maine taxpayers and Amtrak. :wink: (Prior to the Amtrak upgrade, that stretch was 25 MPH on a really good day, and 10 MPH on a normal day. :wink: )