• various steam ftg

• Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads
Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads

Moderators: Typewriters, slide rules

by lipwak

Hi,

A friend of my family shot aa few home movies of steam trains. You can see them on this playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... D768B4093D

Included are:
- My grandfather's live steam trains he built
- Valley RR train and boat ride, 1970s
- The destruction of Penn Station, NYC, sometime after 1962
- Livonia, Lakeville and Avon railroad (before 1968?)
- Rail City visit, (1960s?)
- some Southern Pacific clips (1960s? 70s?) - starts with a steam engine
- Reading 2124 (Iron Horse Ramble #16, April 9, 1961?)
- Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington (ME) railway visit, 1970s

I'd love to know more about all of these so if anyone could add any info, that would be great.

Cheers,

John L
  by trapper

Hello John, Took a look at the WW&F clip. While the coach is lettered WW&F, it is NOT at the WW&F R.R. but at
what very much looks to be Booth Bay Village which is not all that far from the real WW&F.

The WW&F R.R. museum of which i am a member is located at Alna ME about a half hour away. The museum is on
the orignal WW&F right of way and does operate a steam locomotive. Why the coach in your clip is lettered for the
WW&F i cant say unless it is a geniune piece of WW&F equipment or was done to honor and try to replicate a piece
of vintage Maine narrow gauge equipment. Both the Booth Bay and WW&f are 2 foot guage, but the steamer in your
clip is not an American locomotive. I belive its German, "Henickle" (<not sure of the spelling ) i believe.

If you ever get up to Maine i wood highly recomend a visit to both places. They differ in that Booth Bay is more of
a general "The Old Days" in Maine while the WW&f is very much a restoration of an actual Maine two foot guage
railraod from sixty plus years ago...

Hope this helps
  by lipwak

Thanks very much. I am sorry not to get back to you sooner. That's great info. I know nothing about these films as the man who shot them is dead and the family didn't have good notes on them. Can I update the info with the info you've given me? I might edit it a little as needed but I'd like to include the bulk of what you said.

Many thanks again,

John L
  by trapper

lipwik

Fell free to use what you think applys...

trapper
  by lipwak

Thanks!