• Update on the 3 Alcos and other stuff

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by scottychaos

are all of the 5 cartier units on the NYSW owned by BDLX?

or are none of them owned by BDLX?
if so, who owns the cartier units?
it isnt clear from this thread..
thanks,
Scot

by metman499

Scot, None of the Alcos are owned by BLDX. I believe that their ownership is several employees/owners of the Morristown and Erie. They were stored on the B&H and the WNY&P has the option to lease two of the ten that ended up in the states.

by scottychaos

thanks Nick,
Scot

by cjvrr

The Unit's markings are SIXX, not sure what it stands for;

http://community.webshots.com/photo/267 ... 6773fYvoEO

That photo was taken by my Father on January 31.

Chris

by ANDY117

Nice photo. 78 was there tonight.

by ANDY117

Anyone know what type of ditch lights they're going to get, if at all?

by Alcoman

I understand that 1 or more are capable of leading. What train are they used on and where is a good place to see them?
Do they get used on Saturdays? :-D

by RSD15

the SIXX 41 has been used as a leader for a couple of weeks now. generally it stays on the syracuse side,running between dewitt and binghamton.

today 04-06-05 the 41 lead the 3040,2062 and the 2402 on a detour move to utica on the csx chicago line.

by ANDY117

i saw some on the back of 78.

by Alcoman

47 was outside the shops in Utica today. No sighn of 41 however.

by Alcoman

I understand that all 3 Alcos were used on a train that went Buffalo and back to Syracuse. My question is where are they now?

Where is the best place to catch them running Monday 4/18 ?

by ANDY117

probably Bingo.

by Alcoman

What train do they get used on and what time?

by RSD15

all three 47.78,41 went south with BDLX 3020 1355 6pm 4-17-05

by ANDY117

So yes, they should all be in Bingo, waiting to head to NJ. Some might stay at the enginehouse.