• UP Railfan Photography - in The New York Times

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by bellstbarn

That is a marvelous story on the crew point of Bill, Wyoming. It appeared in the first section of today's New York Times, that is, Monday, March 3, 2008.

by mille-ryan

That was a pretty cool article.Ive been through Bill many times growing up in WY, and also admit I had no idea it was a town,lol.

Funny thing is here in North Platte the same Hotel and diner sit next to each other for our Train service folks.

by Burner

that is a neat story. I stay in two different oak tree inns, but only one has the overpriced diner

by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. Burner, if you are in T&E service, there is nothing in your BLE or UTU Agreements that requires the carrier to make 'bargain" meals available at away-from-home terminals. The understanding in so far as the term "suitable lodging" goes, is that a "round" meal, as distinct from a burger and fries, is available 24/7.

Be mindful that the carrier is likely subsidizing the restaurant operator to stay open the 24/7 called for in your Agreement.

Albeit 30 years ago, I had to address that point once when I was in MILW Labor Relations.

by rwallace2fan1

the problem with pennys is that they have completley priced themselves out of the market. where I go, I have a choice of 24 hour grocery store, or completely overpriced penny's. hmmm, which one would i choose. they do not get the concept that maybe if they lowered their prices, more guys would eat there. 8.50 for a burger and fries with a water is a little bit bad. Just an opinion.

by UPRR engineer

I cant believe the railroad hasn't approached some better franchises.