Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by metrarider

This morning, saw the board for track 16 at CNW station, which read

DMSX special

no time or anything. Didn't get a chance to look at what the equipment was, but does anyone know what this is/was?

by c604.

That might have been the officers special that is operated on a Wednesday once every quarter of the year. UP commuter operations officials ride it on all three lines kind of as a rolling meeting and to see how the property is going. Everytime I saw it, it was four cars with the 147 pulling it.

by AMTK84

The DMSX that ran yesterday (8/2/06) had METX139, coaches 6007, 6006, 6175 and 8428. The train travels up to Elburn and back, then to/from Kenosha, then to McHenry with a return around 15:00. One of the cars had a table top layed across the seats, perfectly ballanced so the food on the table wouldn't fall. The environment is very casual, from what I'm told it is just a chance for people to take time off of work and for mannagement to ride the different lines.

by doepack

Saw that train yesterday (8/2) on its return trip downtown, as it passed on the center track between W. Chgo and Elmhurst, came through Wheaton about 9:15 or so. Pretty much confirms my guess about VIP's/dignitaries checking out the railroad...