• UP Dispatchers

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by Phase Gap

Looking for a UP Dispatcher to talk to on the forum or private e-mail about any info about the job....I am a dispatcher now and looking to move on..Need info about the pay, benefits, extra list, the jobs and anything else that i mit need to know about working for UP good or bad.Thanks ahead of time..Phase Gap
  by dews

i am currentlly a up dispatcher e-mail any questions you may have to [email protected] . Great company to work for best of luck to you

by UPRR engineer

know any of the Salt Lake Sub guys dews? #6 dispatchers?

by dews

Sorry no I work mostly #48

by UPRR engineer

What shift do you work dude?
Dont know Al ADS, Neven, Kevin KVH, Kim KKN, Russ, Sleepy Sally?
Figured train dispatchers kinda flocked together.

by UPRR engineer

MEP.... This aint spelled right... Meral..... cant remember Amy's initals (AMZ maybe) surley if you work in the Harriman you got to know those two, or ran into them a time or two.

by dews

I am out in San Bernardino right now but I did train with al on #6 while I was in Omaha. First day sitting with Al we had a helper set blow up and plug the main for 2 hours then the train died on the HOS going into the yard and frogged us for another 2 hours. 2nd day one of the intermadals did a pick up but highballed the set out did not notify the yard, TCS, or us and we had a non-clearing meet.

by UPRR engineer

That #6 Desk, how does that chair compair with the others as far the most wanted job?

How much of ol' Al rubbed off on you? Thats the real question here. :wink:

What the hell are ya doing out in Cali? ( I guess your in Omaha taking care of a Cali line) I kinda heard awhile back (long time) that some of the old SP centers are still open, or is everything in Omaha now. Is that what you are doing, dispatching an old SP line.

by dews

Just 4 desks out here mostly old SP and we share a building with the BNSF

by UPRR engineer

I see now buddy, any thoughts on going to Omaha, or have ya made a home there?

by dews

Omaha would be ok cheaper to live there but the winters are alot worse

by UPRR engineer

UPRR engineer wrote: How much of ol' Al rubbed off on you? Thats the real question here. :wink:
The above statement about Al, was a positive one. We have had some really good dispatchers, he's up there with the best of them.

Question for ya there dude, do you guys get a bonus....... let me put it this way, is the preferred method to use CAD, do they look at the percentage of the time you have to "turn it off" and run trains manually. Get what i mean. Heard that from a co-worker a few years back when we were sitting there complaining about the dispatchers apparent inability to run trains and let us do our work.

by aprr454

Where has JAD and JS been? I haven't heard them on dis. #12 Geneva Sub in months.