• Unusual Amtrak Consist

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

I was railfanning today when i saw a three car amtrak train go by at around 530 in Attleboro heading for Boston. it was lead by 924 and had 3 amfleet cars. The last car looked to be a fancy car cause it had windows at the back, i didn't get a picture :(
  by Gilbert B Norman

Possibly you observed the Geometry Car "Corridor Clipper", Mr. Burke (your name is at your railpictures link); the Business (Executive) Car "Beech Grove" is presently out on the West Coast participating at a Oakland CA Maintenance Facility dedication.

Both these cars were rebuilt from A-I's.
  by AmtrakFan

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Possibly you observed the Geometry Car "Corridor Clipper", Mr. Burke (your name is at your railpictures link); the Business (Executive) Car "Beech Grove" is presently out on the West Coast participating at a Oakland CA Maintenance Facility dedication.

Was the Beech Grove Car Rebuilt from a Wrecked Amfleet?

AmtrakFan
  by CSX Conductor

Also MBTA F40 1050, there was a work extra on the Corridor today heading for Southampton Street. (GP40-2 #522 , work engine # 537?, not sure of #, but it was in the new livery, plus an Amfleet coach). Apparently a train had to set-out the coach somewhere and this work extra was just taking it back to Southampton street.
  by jhdeasy

AmtrakFan wrote:Was the Beech Grove Car Rebuilt from a Wrecked Amfleet?
Yes - Amtrak 10001 BEECH GROVE was rebuilt, at Beech Grove shop, from a damaged Amfleet I car.

by CRail

As depicted in the linked photo, If the back of the car was striped, it was an Amfleet control car.
http://photos.nerail.org/photos/lowres/ ... 811787.jpg

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

nope, that wasn't it it had the Amtrak logo on the back with a big blue middle strip and red as the edges

by Gilbert B Norman

The excellent photo submitted by Mr. C Rail and Mr. Burke's response stating this was not the equipment he observed leads to the conclusion that Mr. Burke observed the Corridor Clipper insomuch as the Beech Grove is reported to be in consist of #4 (14) returning to Wash.

by efin98

Might this be what you saw?

by AEM7AC920

Isn't that the self propelled car? I have seen that before someplace.
  by Gilbert B Norman

Here is a link to a photo of Corridor Clipper, which I always thought was the only Geometry Car rostered by Amtrak.

However, Mr. Findlay (efin98) has submitted a photo link to a Geometry Car captioned as "Yankee Clipper' which leads me to ask how many of these things does Amtrak have?

Possibly, the photographer of Mr Findlay's submission simply miscaptioned his photo. But still, "enquiring mind wants to know"
  by ryanov

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Possibly you observed the Geometry Car "Corridor Clipper", Mr. Burke (your name is at your railpictures link); the Business (Executive) Car "Beech Grove" is presently out on the West Coast participating at a Oakland CA Maintenance Facility dedication.

Metroliners, not A-I's I'm nearly certain.

I also seem to remember another car that looked like an Amfleet control car, but it was not painted yellow and black across the front, but instead just a phase IV stripe across the rear, with the Amtrak wave logo in the center. I remember seeing this car on the Corridor last year.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

the car that i saw was niether of the ones you guys provided. it was not the Corridor clipper. This car didn't have a pantograph ontop of it

by hsr_fan

Was itthis?

This is 9800 the Conference Car that was a short lived Metroliner inovation; now used in "company service".

by ryanov

hsr_fan wrote:Was it this?
That's the one I was talking about at least.