• Tuckerton Bridge

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by kevikens

Can one of you reading and Northern fans tell me how to get to and when it would be a good time to photograph trains crossing the stone arch bridge that is near Tuckerton / Thanks a lot

by RR_Fan

If you want to get to the Peacocks Lock Bridge you can follow Route 61 south and turn right onto Tuckerton Road or if your going north you can turn left onto Tuckerton Road. If you know where the BM&R used to run do not go that way. Turn on the road by the church. If you want to get to Peacocks Lock Bridge follow the above directions and turn into Fiber Mark. Follow the parking lot down parelling the road which is about 50 yards to your left. You can park your car and walk North up the tracks to the bridge. You will also see the scale they use to weigh the train before going into Reading. Walk about 100 yards or so North again past the scale and you will come to the bridge. I am not sure how to get the bottom as I never did so far yet.

Take Care.
Jeff

by TheAngryBrakeman

If you want to drive up to the bridge... off Hwy 61, turn west on Cross-Keys Road and after about 3/4 of a mile turn down a road on your left. I've been told there's a sign pointing down that road for some kind of kennel. Up ahead the road crosses the railroad on an old wooden bridge, just before that, turn left on a dirt road, it goes downhill and curves under Peacock Lock Bridge. I'm not sure which of these roads are on private property but I usually see people parked under the bridge during the summer fishing along the river.

by RR_Fan

Thanks for the info Jason. Never went or tried that way before. See ya going through Tamaqua! :wink:

Take Care.
Jeff