• Train vs Car. Train wins

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by uhaul

Will people ever learn?

When it's a tie at the crossing YOU lose.
  by pennsy

Doesn't have to be a car. Not too long ago, Union Pacific went through an 18 wheeler. Took the trailer and split it in half, spun the tractor around, and banged up the driver rather well. There was yellow paint on the trailer, and some scratch marks on the UP engine. Fortunately, the driver walked away, the tractor was no longer driveable.
  by TheChessieCatLives

uhaul wrote:Will people ever learn?

When it's a tie at the crossing YOU lose.
To answer your question uhaul.......
People will never learn when it comes to "racing" the train to the crossing. The thing is, when you see the train coming from no matter how far off in the distance. That person's mind will interept that, "Ahhhhhhh, he's not moving too fast" when in fact he could be doing fifty to sixty miles per hour or more. I don't know how many times we've seen it or nearly seen a car/truck train collision or how long it will be until one of us sees it happen right in front of us.

It's like what the late comedian Ron White would say, "You can't fix stupid."
  by lvrr325

Not too long ago, a Union Pacific crew was killed when a driver in a propane tanker crossed the track in front of them and they split the trailer in half. That's why I take a dim view of people who are dumb enough to get hit by a train. Hopefully CSX sends this person a bill for the damages -
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

seeing as the picture on WHDH is at night, I have to say that it was B725 and she thought she could beat the train because she could probably see it was going slow (the speed limit is 10mph on the Framingham Secondary) or just didn't see the flashing red lights.... another case of people that just don't learn
  by TheChessieCatLives

The only reason she got ticketed for this in the first place was due to the state police investigating the incident. If it would have been one of the county sheriff's deputies investigating, she probably wouldn't have gotten ticketed. Since it was a county official that was involved, it was proper procedure to bring in the state police.
  by CSX Conductor

Sherriff Departments around here are primarily used for courthouses and jails. Every town has their own police department. Foxboro just happens to also have a State Police barracks not too far away. :wink:
  by blw

What amazes me is that the damage was so relatively minor on the car.