• Train symbols on Rumford Branch

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Guilford309

I have a small question of the Rumford Branch symbols.

What are used now adays? I remember the PORU and RUPO, now there are others floating around like RUED.. Any idea which ones are in use today?

by jonnhrr

I heard RUED on the scanner last week.

Jon

by Skullitor

RIED (Rilies to East Deerfield) PORI -

by mick

They have been changing
Last edited by mick on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Skullitor

Yes Mick; The funniest was in District 3 T.O.M. Dave Berskersky's
(Spelling?) radio humor on POSE!! After a few days oh "HELLO POSE,OVER""
pronounced as female anayomy slang) IT WAS CHANGED to POAY /AYWO
and WOAY / AYPO. Though every once in a while they still use a AYPO as a second section of Q-426 / S-426 on CSX from Ayer,ma.

by GRSGuy

hey Mick, I thought they were using BFPO for the slurry train. Did they change it already?

by Skullitor

GRSGuy wrote:hey Mick, I thought they were using BFPO for the slurry train. Did they change it already?
They were using BFPO last time I heard the train,a week or so maybe ago. :wink:

by mick

BFPO, right,
Last edited by mick on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by cpf354

Guilford309 wrote:I have a small question of the Rumford Branch symbols.

What are used now adays? I remember the PORU and RUPO, now there are others floating around like RUED.. Any idea which ones are in use today?
RUED and EDRU are the road freights in and out of Riley's. RU-1 and 2 are the Rumford Switchers, and RI-1 and 2 are the Riley's Switchers.
At least for now! :-)

by Stephen

I have not seen the BF in the BFPO symbol before, what does it stand for?
Thanks,
Stephen

by MEC407

Stephen wrote:I have not seen the BF in the BFPO symbol before, what does it stand for?
Bellows Falls, VT

by Skullitor

Stephen wrote:I have not seen the BF in the BFPO symbol before, what does it stand for?
Thanks,
Stephen
Bellows Falls,VT(VRS) to Portland,Me. a weekly (Fri) Tank train.
Skull :wink:

by Stephen

Thanks.