• Tracks Near WV/PA Border On I-79

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by lakeshoredave

There are a few sets of tracks that you cross over between the WV border and Waynesburg on I-79....and I wondered what tracks they are? Is this all ex MGA territory and how much traffic per day is on these routes?

Thanks

Lakeshore out

by Rockin' Roller

The track right at Waynesburg is the NS Mon line. The only other track I found on the map says Cumberland Mine Railroad. It runs from near Hwy. 19 to the Monogahela. Don't know if it is used.

by Rockin' Roller

The track right at Waynesburg is the NS Mon line. The only other track I found on the map says Cumberland Mine Railroad. It runs from near Hwy. 19 to the Monogahela. Don't know if it is used.

by Wade6573

It is used, and it's a fairly unique operation. The line is not connected to any other railroads, it's completely isolated. It serves a mine located west of 79 and runs to a dock on the Mon where the coal is dumped into barges.

by Rockin' Roller

Very interesting. Of all the times I have been in that area, I have never seen it in operation.

by Rockin' Roller

Very interesting. Of all the times I have been in that area, I have never seen it in operation.

by Rockin' Roller

by Rockin' Roller