• Track Equipment in Warwick

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by David Hutchinson

There are three or four [pieces of MOW equipment on the run around track at Pelton. Might be NS, might be NYSW...........

by washingtonsecondary

My money is on NS since they don't allow NYS&W access to that track.

by Marty Feldner

At least one of them came south through Warwick either Thursay of Friday- that would mean they came out of Campbell Hall, thus NS.

It's been about ten years since they last surfaced/regulated this line, so we're about due.

Keep your eyes out for loaded ballast cars on the H-09, Dave; that'll be the tell-tale. Behind me, the ties sit in mud where the old GLF switch was.

by nysw3636

Just to add a bit here, NS did upgrade the Hudson Secondary back in August of 1999, from Campbell Hall to Warwick. There was major tie replacement, ballast work, and many grade crossings were redone. But I don't think any work was done south of Forester Road in Warwick. The track crews are working today from what I was told...

ASD

by Marty Feldner

The signal crew has been working here for the last couple of days; the track crew moved at least one of the pieces of apparatus around this afternoon.

NS did a major rebuild of two of the crossings in Warwick within the last year (Main Street and South Street).

From memory (never a safe way to do things), the last track rehab with ties and ballast was just before the CR split- but it might have been late summer '99. (BTW- it's Forester Avenue, not Road :-)

Before that, it was done by CR about the time the NYS&W stack trains were starting up; late '80's? I have dated photos of both sessions somewhere here...

by nysw3636

Forester Avenue!! Thanks for the correction Marty. Also, the date that Conrail did their big upgrade was the summer of 1987.

ASD