Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by R36 Combine Coach

2014 schedules online

12/6 NYSW
12/7 MNJ
12/13 M&E High Bridge & Dover-Rockaway Branches
  by badorder

Just a reminder....the 2014 "Toys For Tots" Train is less than a month away, first trip on the Susquehanna Rwy. on Saturday, December 6th. Please do your shopping for toys soon....Semper Fi..
  by NJ Operation Lifesaver

At least one published schedule shows the Oakland stop on December 6th as being at Edison Ave. It is actually at Ramapo Valley Rd/Us 202.

A change from last few years is that the the M&E trip on December 13th will start with the Rockaway branch and work down to Flanders instead of the other way around.

On Sunday December 14th the train will be static at Kuiken Brothers' Lumber on Rt 10 in Succasunna.

If you are going to come out to take pictures, please bring a donation.
  by badorder

From good Intel,.....The NS H-02 crew will be moving the Hickory Creek, NYC No.43 and the PRR baggage from the URHS yard at Boonton, N.J. to the NYSW interchange at Saddle Brook, N.J. on Thursday, December 4th. in the
A.M. for the Toys Train. Don't know if it's going the Montclair line or the Morristown line side,will update as soon as I can...
  by Snowmojoe

The 2014 Toys for Tots train was in the NYSW yard in Ridgefield Park tonight when I passed by on the way home from work. The PRR baggage car and the Pullman were visible but the 3rd car was hidden behind the boxcars and could not be seen.
  by DanD3815

Caught the M&NJ version of the train at Craigville road near chester NY. I always thought it would be cool to have the Susquehanna 142 steam engine pull this train one year. Next year I'll allow myself more time and catch it in Sugar Loaf or Campbell Hall and drop off some toys!!
  by njtmnrrbuff

Does anyone know what the consist will be for this Saturday's train? The weather is looking nice that day.
  by NJ Operation Lifesaver

Why not buy some toys and come take a look?

Station
Ar/Dp Location

Rockaway Potbelly's Café 26 E. Main St
Ar: 9:00a
Dp: 9:30a

Dover Sack's Paint and Wallpaper 52 N Sussex St
Ar: 10:00a
Dp: 10:30a

Kenvil Morris Marine 745 Rt 46 W
Ar: 11:30a
Dp: 12:00n

Ledgewood Sleepy's Matress 294 Rt 10 W
Ar: 12:15p
Dp: 1:00p

Flanders Flanders FD 27 Main St
Ar: 1:30p
Dp: 2:30p
  by badorder

The NS H-02 to pick up Toys Train from Saddle Brook(BT), N.J. on Thursday,Dec.11th and bring it to the Dover Yard for storage until Saturday, Power for the Saturday trip should be NS 3010 and M&E 18 or 19. The M&E
crew is on duty at 7:00am and departure time is 7:30am. The weather looks good with SUN and temps in the 40's...remember to bring that NEW, unwrapped toy..Semper Fi...
  by njtmnrrbuff

Sorry, but at this point, I won't be able to come. First most, I would donate if I decide to go. The lashup looks good.
  by badorder

The 2014 "Toys" Train collected....18,336 toys and 18 bikes over the two weekends, great job by all the railroads.Marines,volunteers , Santa and his Elves.