• To VRE Engineers: STOP operating the trains so slowly

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by davinp

VRE Engineers, stop operarting the trains so slowly like you did Train #306 morning causing to be 1/2 late. Their is no reason to go 5 MPH between Springfield and Alexandria. Even Amtrak goes faster than us. The broken Train #304 was on the other track at Alexandria, so that is not an excuse to go slow. If you went normal speed we would have been only 10-15 minutes late. When late, we need to go fast to make up for lost time, not go so slowly. VRE is not a freight train, so we shouldn't be going slowly like freight. You wouldn't drive this slow on I-95, would you?
  by chucksc

I'm speachless over this silly post!

Dave do you really think that traveling at 5 mph was a decision by a VRE engineer?

Sheesh!
  by cobra30689

Really??? I'm not even going to engage in this silliness. Learn what a Restricting signal is. Therein will lie your answer grasshoppa.