• tie replacement in West Phoenix

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

by fromsuncook

Actually it is happening in Avondale on what I think is the Welton branch of the UPRR Phoenix sub. There used to be a sign on the track stating Cashion block. So, since this line/branch has not gone to Welton for years, I'm not sure what it is really called.

If anyone is interested, there was a bunch of MOW equipment on the tracks at Buckeye and Dysart Roads tonight. There are a bunch of new ties piled on the ROW.

No camera except a cell phone, no place to pull off and rush hour traffic so no pics. I may go down there tomorrow and check it out.

If anyone reads this that is. This thread is so dead that I can only conclude:

1. western rail fans post somewhere else
2. there are no western rail fans.
  by Komachi

fromsuncook wrote:If anyone reads this that is. This thread is so dead that I can only conclude:

1. western rail fans post somewhere else
2. there are no western rail fans.

Or...

3. People are busy.

Your friendly, neighborhood moderator falls into this latter category. That and the fact that I tend to hang in the shadows, unless I have to step in and put down a flame war, or mild squabble.

If ya gotst pics, I know ** I ** would be be appreciative if you posted them. I have a mild interest in MOW equipment and would be interested in seeing what you have.