• Thompson Cap

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Stag Hound

Good Evening, all!

I was inquiring if anyone had a Thompson cap they would be willing to sell. I just purchased a very nice jumper and would like the matching hat. I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled at the Big E as well.

~Stag
  by Noel Weaver

I still have one but it is not in very good shape. I had one jumper in very good condition but I sold it in 2008 at the NHRHTA
show in North Haven because I had no use for it. I don't think I will sell the hat and it is somewhat beat up from a lot of use.
In my later years as an engineer I always used Kromer Hats, I liked them better than Thompson and I am not sure that they
are still around today or not. I still have mine and wear them often for sun protection.
Noel Weaver
  by CannaScrews

Kromers are still around - at least about 3 years ago.

Great blizzard caps! Still made in the USofA

Maybe they make a hurricane cap for those in the southern/coastal regions......