Railroad Forums 

• The Warriors (1979) Subway Filming Locations

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1637545  by Jeff Smith

Caught this movie on AMC this morning. I saw it once when it first came out, then on occasion on Cable. I was struck by how much of the filming took place in the subways. Notably 96th St. (1) and Union Square. So I did a bit of research on locations.

Hoyt-Schemerhorn was used in the filming; they used the outermost, unused tracks and platforms. The tracks and platforms are, according to the research I did, only used for special purposes such as filming, and equipment moves from the New York Transit Museum (NYTM) Courts St. station.

Some sources:

https://www.scoutingny.com/the-new-york ... rs-part-2/

Wikipedia
Today, all Fulton Street Line trains use the center tracks in each direction, and all Crosstown Line trains use the innermost tracks, while the outermost tracks and platforms are not used for revenue service. Until 1981, the outer platforms were used by special trains to Aqueduct Racetrack, which stopped on the center tracks in each direction. Today, the abandoned tracks and platforms are only used on special occasions, such as for film shoots or moving trains to the New York Transit Museum at the former Court Street station. The mezzanine has also been used for film shoots, most famously for the video of Michael Jackson's single "Bad".
Google
Due to low ridership, the Court Street station was closed and the shuttle was discontinued in 1946. All Fulton Street service was routed via the express tracks at this station to Jay Street – Borough Hall. This eliminated any use for the local tracks and they have been out of service since.
Some clips: