• The T and snow.........

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by ST214

Am i the only nut that goes out and gets snow pics??? I just got a shot of #1407 today at North Leominster. Will be out there again to get #1409. Anyone else do this????

by efin98

I would take pictures but I have to be the worst photographer in Massachusetts :-D

I prefer to just stand and watch the action or sit and watch while waiting for my bus or train to come sliding to a stop. Nothign beats a good snowfall to highlight a day of railfanning or travelling.

by CSX Conductor

I always liked to get snow shots, but on a day like today, the lighting is horrible, so why bother.

That and the fact that I don't have enough free time to do it. :(

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i love getting snow shots of trains, but here in Attleboro, all we are getting is rain :( but everytime it snows, im out there watching and taking pics of trains :-D

by ST214

Well, i got good shots today. Train 1407 had 1118 :( However, i was pleased as train 1409 approached, as i could tell from the size of the triangle(lights) that it had a F40 :-) Even was a screamer :-D :-D Turned out to be 1007.

by GP40MC 1116

ST214 wrote:Well, i got good shots today.

Do you post them online..say at www.nerail.org

by CRail

I think im going to get some today.

by ST214

GP40MC 1116 wrote:
ST214 wrote:Well, i got good shots today.

Do you post them online..say at www.nerail.org

HA!!! No. No scanner. A shame as i have some good pics. I think, after i get a new camera, that i will get a scanner so i can upload them.

by efin98

Why not just get a digital camera? They are averaging about the same price now as a decent film camera...

by CRail

You cant find a scanner anywhere? Friends house, Library...?

by CSX Conductor

efin98 wrote:Why not just get a digital camera? They are averaging about the same price now as a decent film camera...
True Ed, many specials now at places like Cicuit City, Best Buy, etc. And after all the $$ on a new camera and scanner, and film he would be paying alot more in the long run. I am starting to think that digital wold be more economical. :wink:

by CRail

best part is you can see the picture before you can take it, and if its lousy just get rid of it. this saves money which would otherwise be wasted on no good prints.

by CSX Conductor

Thats why I hate digital, it makes anyone look like a good photographer. :-(

lol

by CRail

thats why i like it, i need a little help! :-D

by CSX Conductor

So are you saying your avatar was taken using digital? lol, I am assume you are. Just curios.

Mine was taken in 1992 but scanned this past year. :-)