Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by SRS125

why did the Soo Line do up there lettering to look like dollar sign? with the S and L I ofton wondered this.

by TerryC

It showed that the SOO had money or was making profits.

keep asking keep learning
http://trainiaxindex.cjb.net/

by Otto Vondrak

I've never heard that. I think the old Soo Line logo was just going along with the style of the times... fancy overlapping letters was it. The logo was designed at the turn of the last century.

-otto-

by AmtrakFan

That always Interested me why? Also when did they get rite of it?

AmtrakFan

by RdHseRat

The Dollar Line logo was dropped when Soo began painting equipment red and white. Just wanted a change of image.

The $ Line really represented the Soo very well. The Soo always counted their pennies. The old bromide about taking a penny out of a skin-flints pocket and Abe blinking could have origiinated on the Soo.

Was driving a company car in the eastern half of ND in the early 70's. Stopped in a non-Soo town to eat. Several children surrounded the car an marveled at the $ Line logo.

Still have a pad of lined paper with the old logo.

Take care