Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

by Ken V

Early this afternoon, just west of Edmonton, The Canadian was struck broadside by a logging truck. No serious injuries have been reported.

Further details at canada.com.

by Ken V

Photo: Image courtesy of CBC

by AmtrakFan

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This hurt's big time their were 88 Passengers Aborad the Train I'm told by Mr. Gene Poon of All_Aborad Yahoo Groups.

John

by Silverliner II

OUCH indeed! After the recent Metrolink disaster in California, this gave me a jolt. I heard about this accident as I was on the phone with my girlfriend....she held it to the TV as the news was reporting the accident so I could hear the report. Good to know there were no deaths!

There is a group of railfans from my area planning a round trip ride on The Canadian later this month, from end to end, and will only be in Vancouver long enough to catch the eastbound trip right back. I hope the accident doesn't affect their plans....

Now.....someone tell me how the truck driver missed the sight of a train right in front of him?

by chriskay

At least the truck driver is being charged. Check this out:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national ... 50208.html

Apparently the signal was flashing and he crossed anyway!

-Chris