• The Boston Trolley and Transit Meet 2010 Is In The Books!

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA3247

vikramk wrote:Do you have to fill out and send the registration form or can you just go to the Meet and buy tickets there?
Tickets will be available at the door.
  by sery2831

The meet is here! Come one, come all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by MBTA3247

I will be manning the registration desk for part of the day tomorrow. Feel free to say hello. I plan to be wearing my SERy Pumpkin Patch Staff t-shirt.
  by 3rdrail

I'll be up at Wakefield Saturday AM and Rozzie that night or Sunday. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
  by 3rdrail

This year's Boston Trolley Meet certainly had the look of a winner in that it was hustling after about 10:30 ! I have never seen a BTM that busy ! I hope that all the merchants were rewarded for lugging their goods into the show. I had a great time. It was nice to meet some of you in person. (Joe D. - I couldn't connect with you later in the day to give you your subway dust won in one of my quizzes, so I'll make it up by setting it up so that you can have free admission to tonight's BSSME Club - just tell 'em I sent you !) I picked up a beautiful O scale Springfield Terminal Railway Company combine to add to the collection and enjoyed looking over the MBTA's No. 2600 GMC bus. (Reminded me of my daily shuffle to the Thomas Hart School in Southie from the Columbia Point Projects in those !) By the way, if you happen to be up that way, just up the street two blocks is "Brothers" cafeteria which I found for breakfast. It's in the old cafeteria style and my breakfast was delicious. Thanks to Brad Clarke for the suggestion as well as setting up this year's show.
  by sery2831

The show was a very big success. Thanks to all who attended and spent money :-) Thanks to the people from the BSRA and the Seashore Trolley Museum for putting many hours into making the whole thing happen! Without these dedicated volunteers we would not have had a show this year.

I ask all who attended to please post pictures. Thanks to Type7trolley for some really nice ones already :-)

Here is a link to mine: http://sery2831.smugmug.com/Transit/Bos ... 3752_dP3E8