• Tearing up Altoona eastbound class yard?

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
  by blackzz28

when i was visting altoon pa this past august i was looking at the yard and i noticed that norfork southern was tearing up the old east bound classification yard i asked around and nobody seems to know what or why they were doing this , what i was told was that they were keeping it under wraps , but i think anybody had the rite info,so anybody have any clue ??? :wink:
  by blackzz28

here is some pic of the yard to help someone figure it out for me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by jgallaway81

As of right now, the entire yard is scrubbed flat, with a single track running down the middle so they can load the old ties into hoppers for disposal.

I think they ARE keeping it under wraps, because they haven't even told any of us who work there.
  by blackzz28

jgallaway81 wrote:As of right now, the entire yard is scrubbed flat, with a single track running down the middle so they can load the old ties into hoppers for disposal.

I think they ARE keeping it under wraps, because they haven't even told any of us who work there.
now thats funny i dont care who you are :-)