• Super Saturday Streetcar Special XIII

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by budmancjm

Bob, very nice, clear pics, look like it was a lot of fun! Can you tell me what route you took? Where did you end up? How many people went on the trip? My understanding is that SEPTA raised charter rates considerably recently, is this true? thanks again for the great pics.

by Otto Vondrak

I went on one of these SuperSaturday trips back in 2003 on an un-rebuilt PCC in PTC colors... that was a lot of fun even if the sun didn't come out. We covered ALL the subway-surface routes that were then in service, it was great.

-otto-
  by chuchubob

budmancjm wrote:Bob, very nice, clear pics, look like it was a lot of fun! Can you tell me what route you took? Where did you end up? How many people went on the trip? My understanding is that SEPTA raised charter rates considerably recently, is this true? thanks again for the great pics.
Tickets cost $35 each. All seats on the car were sold. I don't know what SEPTA charges for a charter.

The trip officially started at 63rd & Malvern, but several passengers started earlier at Callowhill Depot. From the 63rd & Malvern Loop, we went south on 63rd to Girard, then to Callowhill Depot.
Back to Girard, east to Girard College, then looped west to the 41st St short turn, then east to Westmoreland Loop.
Back to Girard and the diversion to Route 13 and Mount Moriah Loop, then back to the diversion and Route 10 to 63rd & Malvern.

by Lucius Kwok

Very nice.