• Sunday Eastbound 10/16/05

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by David Hutchinson

Just passed a possible SU100 at Pelton Road... looks like they are waiting for a crew.

Did not get the numbers, but it's a CSX 7700 GE, and HLCX SD45 carbody and, I think, the 3014 in SP paint. Do not know when it will start up, but it was at Pelton at about 9:40 AM.

by David Hutchinson

The train finally moved after 3 PM. Does anyone know if the train was split during it's long wait, to avoid blocking the crossings downtown? I saw the train at Pelton and the rear was not blocking Main Street, so it was either split or it was a short train.

by cjvrr

I believe it was around 70 cars long

by Marty Feldner

It was short enough to fit between Pelton and Elm- the tail end was just past my backyard.

I would guess that if any train was too long to fit while waiting for a recrew, they'd pull it beyond Pelton, towards Baird's Lane. They don't need (and I don't think they'd want) the bad feelings from blocking crossings in the village. When they do stop, it's generally because they can't raise Cooperstown on the radio, and have to use the phone box to call for their Form D.