Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by SubaruWRX

looks like he was having a bad day or whatever he went on to say the mta hates news reporters and they dont want anyone to know how crappy its run but anyway my point of this is to say dont they all know its ok to take photos now?

by Otto Vondrak

I dont understand your post. Were you told to stop taking pictures? Did this worker produce ID?

Print this and keep it in your bag... http://www.lirrhistory.com/photog.pdf

-otto-

by SubaruWRX

Otto Vondrak wrote:I dont understand your post. Were you told to stop taking pictures? Did this worker produce ID?

Print this and keep it in your bag... http://www.lirrhistory.com/photog.pdf

-otto-
yeah I forgot the stop but I did take pictures but It had a MTA outfit and had a badge but I did not get a good look at it.. but figures it would happen on the day I left the printed MTA letter out of my bag.. I went back to shooting at other stations but he was like "Well I did not want to say anything to you, you look like a cool guy so I just wanted to let you know before one of the workers call the MTA police and they take your camera or handcuff you"

Then he went on his little rant with the MTA and then some other stuff.. I was just glad when the train left.. I'd have to look at the pictures again and maybe someone might know the stop.

but yeah in a nutshell he told me to stop.. I wished I had the letter with me.. he is kinda in one of the shots I took when I shot the platform.

by SubaruWRX

btw the stop was the Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard

by arrow

I'm not exactly following your post either.

by SubaruWRX

arrow wrote:I'm not exactly following your post either.
pretty easy to follow.. MTA worker told me to stop taking pictures then went on a rant about the MTA and how they don't like the news media to say anything bad about them.

thats the Nutshell version of it...

by arrow

Yea I got it, but if you don't work for the media then why would he say this? Unless you do work for the media and forgot to mention that.

by Allan

The LIRR inof link is nice but it does not apply to the NYC Subway. There are separate rules for the subway:

http://www.mta.info/nyct/rules/rules.htm

Click on "Resticted Areas and Activities"

The particular section is 1050.9 (c)

Section 1050.9

Restricted areas and activities.

(c) Photography, filming or video recording in any facility or conveyance is permitted except that ancillary equipment such as lights, reflectors or tripods may not be used. Members of the press holding valid identification issued by the New York City Police Department are hereby authorized to use necessary ancillary equipment. All photographic activity must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Part.

by Otto Vondrak

Both say the same thing- there are no restrictions on hobby photography. Print out both and keep them in your camera bag.

Subaru- type more carefully and think about what you're going to say... everything you've posted in this thread sounds like you're intoxicated. Impress us with your knowledge of the English language...

-otto-