Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by abaduck

DutchRailnut wrote:Hmm what takes 6 hours by car/truck took CSX 6 days, not bad for a competitive industry.
Oh come on be fair - it would have been much longer if it wasn't a rush delivery...

<G>

by FL9AC

I was told one of the BL20GH's (125??) heading east through Stamford last night behind a GP35 to NH. Probably for the public unveiling spoken about previously. :-D

by DutchRailnut

126 is in New haven for Show and Tell.
125 is still on test train. 127 was delivered Harmon yesterday

by Fred G

Here ya go...

Caught this morning in New Haven on my way to NYC.
  by tomjohn

These new brookville offerings are odd but nice looking,just how many more are coming ?

by DutchRailnut

11 in first order with 6 for CDOT and 5 for MNCR
another 5 are to be ordered as per 2009-2013 budget.
MNCR numbers are 110-115 plus 116 - 120 for second order.
CDOT is 125 - 130

The MNCR units will get a paint job based on new Genesis scheme.

by jmlaboda

"11 in first order with 6 for CDOT and 5 for MNCR another 5 are to be ordered as per 2009-2013 budget. MNCR numbers are 110-115 plus 116 - 120 for second order."

Numbering them 110- 115 would mean either that a number is being skipped or that there will be six of them on the first order. Can someone clarify this???

by DutchRailnut

Well clarify it when they are built and numbered. so far its just tea leafs

by Stephen B. Carey

any word on when they might start testing the new locomotives on the shore line to Old Saybrook?

by FL9AC

nobody seems to know the official test program as of yet for these locomotives, so my honest opinion would be after the standard testing is completed on the Hudson line with the 125, they'll probably send it up to New Haven for the shoreline testing. It's most likely going to be a few more weeks before that happens.

by DutchRailnut

Someone in the know told me CDOT 125 was 500 miles from completing testing, and it would be going in revenue service on Waterbury trains soon.

by Clean Cab

Word has it that the 125 will be on the Waterbury Branch in revenue service sometime next week. If it survives a few round trips without breaking down, I'd be very impresssed!!!
  by bingdude

This morning around 00:35 at MO, 127 and another were being run up the Hudson with one of the Geeps.