• Status Of Equipment at BET

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA1016

AEM7AC920 wrote:Ok that still tells us nothing in relation to if the engine is running or not. S&I 4 is used as a storage track so there is no real way to tell if something on it is dead or being kept there as spare equipment. You cant assume anything just by looking at lights and if it's moving or not it tells you nothing on the state of the equipment.

Ok thanks aem, I havent seen this before i think, it seemed weird just sitting there not in south station or something.
  by ns3010

sery2831 wrote:The 1710 has yet again been relocated at BET. It now has a new home on the Yard 14 side of BET on blocks!!! It can be seen on Fitchburg trains.
I take it that would be the car under the white tarp that's visible on the east side of the shops?

I have a photo of it from Friday, now I just need to sort through them all...
  by sery2831

It has a white tarp on it, but not fully covered. I would say it is on the south side of BET. The cars on the east end that are shrink wrapped are the Rotem Mock Ups.
  by MBTA3247

ns3010 wrote:
sery2831 wrote:The 1710 has yet again been relocated at BET. It now has a new home on the Yard 14 side of BET on blocks!!! It can be seen on Fitchburg trains.
I take it that would be the car under the white tarp that's visible on the east side of the shops?
Yep.
  by ck4049

From photos of the damage to 1710 that Ive seen(and what ive seen in person), Id say that will be the car's final resting place :(
  by ns3010

sery2831 wrote:It has a white tarp on it, but not fully covered. I would say it is on the south side of BET. The cars on the east end that are shrink wrapped are the Rotem Mock Ups.
Ok, a closer look at my photos shows two car "halves" shrink wrapped, which would be the mock-ups. It was hard to tell since they were semi-hidden behind a few sets laying over.

Thanks for the help!
  by MBTA1016

Is there anything on the dead line now, or are the locos waiting to die during the winter
  by ck4049

The dead line has been quite packed for quite awhile now, mostly screamers occupy that space.
  by MBTA1016

ck4049 wrote:The dead line has been quite packed for quite awhile now, mostly screamers occupy that space.
Ok is it the usual screamers?( numbers would help), or others ones? What other locos are at bet?(f40s and gp40s, numbers would help again) Maybe a switcher is in for service?
  by Adams_Umass_Boston

Mbta fan wrote:
ck4049 wrote:The dead line has been quite packed for quite awhile now, mostly screamers occupy that space.
Ok is it the usual screamers?( numbers would help), or others ones? What other locos are at bet?(f40s and gp40s, numbers would help again) Maybe a switcher is in for service?
You may want to familiarize yourself with this website son.

http://www.transithistory.org/roster/
  by ck4049

Some locomotives are just there for routine inspections. They are engines, they have cabs, they have controls, they move trains full of passengers every day! They need to be INSPECTED every now and then!
  by MBTA1016

Ok thanks for the link, look like 1013 is still oos. At least the south side has 011and010, I thought that each side had one of them.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

011 is resting the weekend in Woostah and the 010 is Boston based this weekend, she is floating around the system somewhere today
  by bmcdr

Here's a shot of the current occupants of the deadline taken through a dirty window. They are 1028-1074-1013-1009 1000 1017.