• Slug spotted in MA... I think...

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by NellsChoo

Slugs. Slimy things that eat my plants every year.

Slugs. Funny looking locomotives without people in them.

I recently saw a group of CP engines coming out of East Deerfield yard in Greenfield MA. If I recall, there were at least 3 engines, but in the middle was an engine with the windows boarded up and painted body color. Is this considered a slug? I unfortunately didn't have my camera in hand to snap a shot. :(

Jonelle

by Stephen

CP has several SDs (I think they are SD 40-2s) that have been designated 'B' units. These units are not slugs, but full engines. They have simply had their controls de-activated.
(I am sure someone out there can give a much more detailed answer.)
-Stephen

by trainmaster_1

CP had a hand full of SD40-2's converted to "B" status but some got reactivated to the lead status again, there simply SD40-2's with the windows boarded up and some other things taken out or deactivated, no seats, no AAR control stand no ditch lights and other such things.

by trainmaster_1

Those shots show of CP SD40-2B (Hi nose), CP's quest to find more SD40-2's to add to there fleet of over 500 + SD40-2's (yes CP was hungry for more of them because they had the big love affair with them)
CP SD40-2B 5477 (ex CP 3244; exx GATX 3244; exxx NS 3244; nee SOU 3244)