• SEPTA Sunday snow shots - 2/14

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Lucius Kwok

Nice. I would have liked to go out to see what happened to the P&W on Sunday, but I don't live quite close enough to it.

by chuchubob

there was nothing to see on the P&W on Sunday. There were no cars at 69th Street the two times that I looked. I later read on another board that the P&W didn't run. I suspect snow related computer problems did them in. I heard that snow related computer problems kept the PCC II's off Route 15.

by Njt4300

Nice shots as always Bob, Hey did you get any of Nj Trasnit South jersey over the weekend?

by queenlnr8

Harumph! It's a shame that 'computer problems' blamed on SNOW would close entire lines. Did this problem happen 50 years ago? I don't think so.

Thanks for all the great shots, Bob! You are an asset to the community.

by jfrey40535

I think its pretty evident that whatever efficiencies we should have gained with a modern transit system has been lost to technology, computers and poor design. To think trains ran faster with semaphor signals than they do today with cab signals or that new AEM-7's and MU's fail while MP-54's glided along in snow with no problem.

by jfrey40535

I think its pretty evident that whatever efficiencies we should have gained with a modern transit system has been lost to technology, computers and poor design. To think trains ran faster with semaphor signals than they do today with cab signals or that new AEM-7's and MU's fail while MP-54's glided along in snow with no problem.

by chuchubob

Njt4300 wrote:Nice shots as always Bob, Hey did you get any of Nj Trasnit South jersey over the weekend?
I didn't get any Atlantic City Line shots; just River LINE.

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21986

Bob

by M&Eman

InEPTA is at it again. NJT, MN, and Amtrak all ran fine with similar equipment. SEPTA is just not taking care of itself prperly.

by Matthew Mitchell

jfrey40535 wrote:I think its pretty evident that whatever efficiencies we should have gained with a modern transit system has been lost to technology, computers and poor design. To think trains ran faster with semaphor signals than they do today with cab signals or that new AEM-7's and MU's fail while MP-54's glided along in snow with no problem.
I think the greater loss of efficiency is from the increased risk aversion in modern society.

by jb9152

Matthew Mitchell wrote:
jfrey40535 wrote:I think its pretty evident that whatever efficiencies we should have gained with a modern transit system has been lost to technology, computers and poor design. To think trains ran faster with semaphor signals than they do today with cab signals or that new AEM-7's and MU's fail while MP-54's glided along in snow with no problem.
I think the greater loss of efficiency is from the increased risk aversion in modern society.
Couldn't agree more.