• SEPTA railfan trip - diversity of equipment

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Otto Vondrak

Nice pictures, Bob, thanks for sharing. How easy is it to photograph the 100 and 101? Were you in a car, or were you riding the LRV's and just getting on and off wherever you pleased? How do you pay your fare?

-otto-

by chuchubob

Thanks, Otto.

The Route 100 photos were taken from station platforms.

Route 101 and 102 photos were taken from the sidewalk. I didn't ride the 102 with the rest of the group because I had obligations at home, so I left the trip at that point.

The SEPTA day pass cost $5.50 and covered everything that I rode. A day pass covers all buses, trolleys, and subways, including the former Red Arrow routes 100, 101, and 102. It also covers one Regional Rail trip. So the whole SEPTA trip cost me $5.50. Those who finished the trip by taking Route 102 to Sharon Hill and Regional Rail R2 back to Center City had to pay $3.00 for the train trip.

by Otto Vondrak

Good to know, thank you. Depending on weather conditions, a trip may be in the works soon. Where can a day pass be purchased?

-otto-

by chuchubob

I've purchased day passes at 30th Street (upper lever, SEPTA ticket windows), Market East (ticket windows at east end of mezzanine level) and 8th & Market (subway level at entrance to Gallery shopping mall passageway).

They're also available online.
http://www.buyphilly.com/Shop/Product.A ... GroupID=72

by njtmnrrbuff

I was thinking about railfanning the 100 again.

by MACTRAXX

Guys:Most outlying RRD ticket sellers carry them also. The only RR ride that you can not do is go to/from Trenton. Plan a trip where you use the RR ride that gets you the most for your money. The pass is actually a decal on a card backing. The subway cashier/bus operator places it on a dated transfer. Another thing to realize is that you can use the RR ride separately-you present the card intact and the train crew member punches an R block-canceling the RR ride but the Daypass can still be used another day for a day of transit rides. I have a Daypass in this manner now in my possession-I am waiting for a day that I will need 3 transit fares or more to use it. I consider the Daypass a so-called SEPTA secret. Also be known that during the Auto Show and Flower Show in FEB. and MARCH SEPTA sells unlimited ANYWHERE passes for single day periods for I believe $8. See previous threads earlier in 2005 for problems I had using those. Information and observations from MACTRAXX