• San Antonio

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by dhaugh

Can anybody give me some info about San Antonio operations?
Such as train frequency, big customers etc? I paralleled the two tracks that head northeast toward New Braunfels - wondering if UP runs directionally on those tracks before they head in different directions. I ran around quite a bit there last weekend, and all I found was UP, no BNSF or anyone else...

by lakeshoredave

I know the ex SP Sunset Route goes through San Antonio. A lot of trains that UP runs to Mexico head through San Antonio.

by SanAntoniostang

Up runs trains north on the #2 main and south on the number #1. Amtrak however only runs on the #1 main since it is ctc and the #2 is twc. That stretch of tracks your refuring too is one of the busiest areas in the Sa terminal. Normally two or 3 bnsf trains will run that way a day. You just have to be in the right spot at the right time. Its normally a short local and a grain train. Currently our largest customer is the new toyota plant. They are spitting out about one train a day.