• Route 15: 2 Month Report Card

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Matthew Mitchell

kevikens wrote:Tell me more about the trolley that might be rebuilt along Delaware Ave.
It's being studied by the DVRPC in conjunction with their study for a PATCO extension to Gloucester County.
Where would it go to and from ?
Depends on which option is selected. The very expensive option would extend the subway-surface lines to the waterfront, where they would turn south and operate down Delaware Ave. to that big shopping center. The less expensive option would start at Franklin Square (6th and Vine, assume the PATCO station reopens) heads east to the waterfront, then turns down Delaware Ave.
Who would operate it ?
Not yet determined, though if it were a subway-surface extension, it would probably be SEPTA.
A light rail line a la NJT or trolley as in Septa ?
Trolley.

by adamkrom

I've only ridden twice, but so far it's been disappointing. The trolleys are very often bunched, and often run agonizingly slow.

This is not what I had expected. In my experience in other cities trams are fast, smooth, quiet, and overall more impressive than buses. On the 15 the service is not quite up to typical bus service, and the riders are complaining. This doesn't seem to be a good way to start the service.

My biggest fear is that this will poison all future light rail efforts.

But at least we can compare the 15 the the Subway Surface lines. Although they could run much more effeciently than at present.