Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by railtrailbiker

Metro-North Railroad passengers are an increasingly unhappy group.

Rider satisfaction has declined for the third year in a row, dropping from 93 percent in 2003 to 89 percent last year, according to an annual survey released yesterday.

The railroad changed the way it rated customer satisfaction in 2003, but the numbers still show a decrease in pleasure among riders. Under the previous scoring system, a scale of 1 to 10, the railroad rated a 6.9 in 2003, down from 7.8 in 2002.

The survey was taken in October, long after the poor performance of winter 2004 had faded from the minds of many riders, and well before this year's first big storm over the weekend.
http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/ ... rains.html

by Jondude11

The article was about 90% about the woes of the New Haven Line. Any mention of the Hudson and Harlem Lines were basically speaking about their satisfaction, particularly due to the new cars.

New Haven Line riders, I feel for you.

by dc700

Jondude11 wrote:The article was about 90% about the woes of the New Haven Line. Any mention of the Hudson and Harlem Lines were basically speaking about their satisfaction, particularly due to the new cars.

New Haven Line riders, I feel for you.
That's funny because just this morning I heard people at my station refer
to the M7's as "cattle cars" , "slow airplanes" and ( I love this one)
"Unbearable tightness of commuting" .