• Retirements and Disposition of CR Equipment

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by sery2831

ns3010 wrote:Was looking for information on the PTC bid, and came across these. Sounds like the end may be near for the Screamers and MBB's:
The MBTA seeks Sale of Surplus for "Obsolete CRC Coaches in strict accordance with MBTA Specifications.
The MBTA seeks Sale of Surplus for "Obsolete Equipment" in strict accordance with MBTA Specifications.
Both bids are due 11/3.

(source)
The sale of CRC Coaches are the two Budd RDCs. Not any of the MBBs, they are safe trust me!

The sale of obsolete equipment is a bunch of old snow blowers that have been collected and replaced.
  by GP40MC1118

They are even putting the two Rotem Mockups for sale, as is, where is...
Bid 163-15 or 160-15

D
  by Bramdeisroberts

GP40MC1118 wrote:They are even putting the two Rotem Mockups for sale, as is, where is...
Bid 163-15 or 160-15

D
The cab end could make the mother of all MSTS rigs...

And an even better grounds for a divorce!
  by sery2831

They recently stripped the mock ups down to the shell.
  by ACeInTheHole

Bramdeisroberts wrote:
GP40MC1118 wrote:They are even putting the two Rotem Mockups for sale, as is, where is...
Bid 163-15 or 160-15

D
The cab end could make the mother of all MSTS rigs...

And an even better grounds for a divorce!
Smooth.
  by MBTA3247

sery2831 wrote:They recently stripped the mock ups down to the shell.
There goes their resale value.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

MBTA3247 wrote:
sery2831 wrote:They recently stripped the mock ups down to the shell.
There goes their resale value.
They're just practicing for when they have to cut up the real thing into razorblades in 15 years. :wink:
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Weird...looks like we've had one new MBB trailer retiree, and one of the BET-stored 1500 cabs go back into service. Total in-service fleet numbers stay constant at 20 with that swap.
  by Type 7 3684

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:Weird...looks like we've had one new MBB trailer retiree, and one of the BET-stored 1500 cabs go back into service. Total in-service fleet numbers stay constant at 20 with that swap.
I noticed that too. 1531 has been put back in service, and one BTC went out of service that I can't remember the number of.
  by GP40MC1118

The eleven F40PH's stored on North Billerica will be moved south Friday morning.
They are headed to Middleboro/Rochester for continued storage. Whether Mass Coastal
will meet them in Middleboro for a hand-off, is unknown.

D
  by GP40MC1118

The Northside Work Train is OD630AM these days. Should be two units north to Billerica
(probably the 1116 & 1026).

D
  by ck4049

Someone spotted the 1026 & 1116 passing through Anderson/Woburn just 15 minutes ago.
  by drvmusic

ck4049 wrote:Someone spotted the 1026 & 1116 passing through Anderson/Woburn just 15 minutes ago.
I'm literally down the street from Anderson. If anyone notices they're on the way back with the others, and can let me know exactly what time they think they'll go through Anderson on the way back, I can try to get down there to get a vid. My phone takes pretty decent video. Of course, I'm at work, and if I'm in the middle of something, I won't be able to do it. I get notifications on this thread.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

The F40 move is currently on the Grand Jct. heading over to the Southside, and straight to Middleboro. idk if they are going to use the WYE coming from the B&A and just straight shoot down there, or come into South Station...don't know the game plan when they get southside