• Remains of a spur behind Delco Plaza in Hicksville

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Legio X

I recall behind the Delco Plaza shopping center in Hicksville the remains of a spur that came down off the E/B track of the Main Line. It was torn up at where the connection with the Main Line was made, then there was a short stretch of track, and then it was torn up again, where the rear parking lot behind the stores is. Anyway, what customer did this spur serve, and when was this spur disconnected and (almost) torn up? By the way, this shopping center is at the SE corner of Old Country Rd. and Broadway. LILCO/Keyspan's facility is across the tracks. Speaking of Keyspan, any NYA service to that facility recently?

by Legio X

Nobody knows anything about this?

by Sir Ray

Somewhere on the web was several diagrams of LIRR track layouts down to spur level (I don't think ir was on trainsarefun or Berliners...) of Williston Park, Garden City, and, for your purposes, Hicksville - I think the area you asked about (south of Old Country Road, behind the Taco Bell and Auto Zone) was included.
I couldn't find these layouts with some googling, maybe someone remembers the url...

by Legio X

I heard that there might have been a lumber yard at this location, and that there might have been a fire that heavily damaged it. That led to the site being re-developed as a shopping center. Does this sound familiar?